Rationale of the Programme
In the present day knowledge based society, entrepreneurship accounts for around 70 percent of new jobs, and has thus, become a significant phenomenon of the 21st Century. However, while the present times showcase exciting entrepreneurial opportunities, they are also laden with challenges and demand certain unique competencies, knowledge and skills to spot these opportunities.
Demographic advantage of India can be converted into higher sustainable and longer economic growth only if the mass of young population is adequately employed. One of the solutions to large scale employment need is to promote entrepreneurship among the youth. Government policies are getting aligned in the direction to reduce the obstacles to doing business and promote start-ups. In this regard, large numbers of academic institutions have started offering entrepreneurship education programs and technology business incubation. Government of India's policy of promoting start-ups has created awareness and a wave of considering entrepreneurship as a career option. However, at the same time, there is a significant dearth of trained entrepreneurship educators and mentors who can guide the upcoming entrepreneurs.
It, therefore, becomes mandatory for entrepreneurship educators to adopt contemporary and innovative methods of imparting training in entrepreneurship. A cadre of trained entrepreneurship educators can ensure enviable results by imparting the right kind of knowledge, skills and aptitude to pupil.
Objective of the Programme
The accreditation course will train and develop teachers in the area of Entrepreneurship Education so that they can act as 'Resource Persons' in training, guiding and motivating young students to take up Entrepreneurship as a career. The specific objectives are to:
- Train and equip educators and mentors with requisite skills and competencies to conduct entrepreneurship courses, entrepreneurship awareness programmes and entrepreneurship development programmes.
- Prepare participants in counselling students and start-up entrepreneurs guiding them for their entrepreneurial choices.
- Train them to use teaching tools and methodologies relevant to entrepreneurship education.
The accreditation programme is open for faculty members from Business schools and Engineering colleges, trainers and consultants who have interest for entrepreneurship teaching and training.
The broad content of the program is as follows:
- Evaluating Business Plan
- Business Model Canvas for Start-ups
- All About Entrepreneurship- Entrepreneurship Development Process
- Curriculum Development for entrepreneurship courses
- Selection Tools for Potential Entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurial Motivation Training
- Creativity and Problem Solving
- Support Agencies
- Business Opportunity Identification and Guidance
- Business Plan- Market analysis, Technical Analysis, Financial Analysis and Business Profile Preparation
- Economic and Social Impact of New Business
- Team Building and Decision Making
- Corporate Entrepreneurship / Intrapreneurship / Social Entrepreneurship
Course Duration and Pedagogy
- It will be a 3 months program.
- First week will be class room sessions covering the syllabus and will be held at EDII campus, Ahmedabad.
- At the end of first week, course assignment will be given to each participant. The assignment is to be submitted at the end of 7th week of the program.
- Presentation of assignment will be scheduled in the 10th week of the program. The participant will have the option to choose the center for final presentation and viva (EDII, Ahmedabad or AIMA, New Delhi).
- Certification will be awarded at the end of 12th week to the successful participants.
*Joint Certification from AIMA and EDII * Focused Course Structure to address specialized needs * Blended Learning Environment * Senior faculty members and resource persons from EDII and AIMA to conduct sessions *Interaction with experts in entrepreneurship development * Interaction with successful entrepreneurs for practical insights.
Post Graduate Degree or equivalent in a discipline relevant to management education and Engineering Education
Post Graduate level regular teaching experience of minimum 3 years. Or Industry / consultancy / training / research experience of minimum 5 years.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can visit and apply online. (Kindly attach the scanned copy of educational qualification and work experience in the online application form).
Last date of application: November 30, 2017
Batch commencement date: Dec 4 to 8, 2017
All India Management Association (AIMA), as the national apex body of management profession in the country is committed to enhancing the competence of management profession through its multifaceted activities. AIMA has a broad base of 64 Local Management Associations including two cooperating LMAs abroad, with a membership of over 30,000. AIMA is represented on the Boards of India's premier Business Institutions and also represented on Boards of Government bodies including the National Board of Accreditation, National Productivity Council to name a few. In addition, AIMA brings to the Indian managers, the best management practices and techniques through numerous foreign collaborations with professional bodies and institutions.
The Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), an autonomous body and not-forprofit institution, set up in 1983, is sponsored by apex financial institutions, namely the IDBI Bank Ltd, IFCI Ltd. ICICI Ltd and State Bank of India (SBI). The Institute is registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 and the Public Trust Act 1950.
For Further Details Contact
ALL INDIA MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION,
14, Institutional Area, Management House
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110003
Email : email@example.com
Entrepreneurship Development Institute Of IndiaGandhinagar-Ahmedabad Rd,
Next to Apollo Hospital, Bhat, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 382428
Phone No : 079 23969153, 2396 9158 (Ext no. 336 and 545)
E-mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org
The programme fee is Rs. 35,000/- (plus 18% GST) for participants who have attended a FDP in Entrepreneurship earlier and Rs. 45,000/- (plus 18% GST) for those who have not attended a similar FDP in the past. Accommodation may be arranged on need basis.
1. “ Any candidate who had earlier attended EDII FDP can avail discount in this programme by selecting the option of ‘Individual Member’. Any candidate who has not attended EDII FDP earlier has to select the option of ‘non-member’ to proceed further .
2. “ Candidate while applying online needs to put any fictitious numerical digit e.g 00 or 000 , or can click twice in the box ‘AIMA/LMA Membership number’ and ‘Name of LMA’ without filling any numerical digit leaving the column blank and can proceed by filling other details. Likewise the Application form will be submitted”.
3. Scanned copy of Documents to be emailed on email id’s mentioned.