One of the key lessons of the pandemic is that digital services and infrastructure are important for the business continuity and business sustainability. Considering advantages and growth prospects, all businesses are by and large embracing electronic and digitally enabled business operation.
Many business majors like Reliance, Tata, Mahindra & Mahindra are either developing their own digital platforms like Reliance Jio by Reliance or acquiring existing digital business portfolios like Big Basket by Tata. Success stories of digital business platforms like Paytm for payment gateway and digital bank, Byju for education, are becoming disrupting agents in the industry. In the list of over 650 unicorns (startups whose valuation is exceeding $1 billion), over 80 % like Ola and Uber are either digital business or built over their own digital platforms. Metaphor that every second industry is a good candidate for migrating or transforming into digital platforms, thanks to industry 4.0 revolutions and technology developments. Data focused businesses adopting new cloud infrastructure are becoming the new norm. However, this rapid digitalization is also posing certain challenges in terms of privacy, cyber security and changing job market scenario as well. These developments have opened new elds of learning and opportunities.
Digitalization and strong E-Business practices are becoming pervasive and becoming highly relevant for sustainability, resilience and growth.
Need of the Course
Studying E-business and Digital Business will help MBA / PG students leverage their learnings to become an effective and smart manager in any of business and shall help them to incubate their own startups or be part of business which have a digital portfolio.
This program will impart learning to students with fundamental knowledge about latest trends, building blocks of digital platforms and best practices of digital business models in different industry verticals. Participants will also get a good understanding about enabling technologies for building up a digital enterprise and know how theory of conventional E commerce business models like B2B, B2C are changing. Learnings of this program shall help students for seeking better prospects in job market as well.
Credit, Time & Course Flow
This course is of 3 Credits which will run three times (July, October and January Batch) in a year for 30 hours. Over weekends, Fridays- Saturdays. The first batch is starting from 1st weekend of October 2021 onwards.
Topics to be covered in the Course
20 SESSIONS (Per Sessions1:30 Hours)
The course methodology will include lecture, Q/A, discussion, audio-visual aids, case studies, expert learning.
B-School/HEIs Students and interested managers from the industry Learning Objectives & Course Outcome
- Provide a good conceptual understanding of digital business and functional areas of E-business.
- Empower the participants with knowledge of a list of enabling technologies and methodologies for different business verticals of E Business.
- Help participants acquire understanding of important risk areas of E business like Cyber Security, Data Privacy etc.
- Develop skills to formulate digital strategy for E Business.
- Develop a thorough understanding of E-Business Application, Policy Frameworks, Digital Platforms and Market Places.
The course pack comprising power points, original researches, learning aids, reading materials etc. will be provided to each participants.
Assessment, Grading & Certication
The participants would be assessed on the basis of their performance in One online comprehensive examination (written test of 3 Hrs duration) (Max. Marks – 100)
The participants will be graded on relative letter grading system. Those who obtain minimum B grade in Online Comprehensive Examination would be declared passed and awarded 'Certicate of Success' by ALL INDIA MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION. Credit earned in this course could be transferred to AIMA's PGDM program or to any otherinstitutes'/universities' program as per the norms of UGC.
Participants not appearing in assessment for this course will be provided with 'Certication of Participation'.
Prof. M.D. Agrawal is former General Manager IT and Chief Information Officer of downstream BPCL, India's second-largest oil major. Mr. Agrawal was the advisor to TCS from 2014 to 2019 to design innovative and costeffective solutions for clients and design strategy for downstream domain excellence. He is associated with IITB, a premier institute in India since last 8 years as a visiting professor on subjects of software project management, knowledge management, digital transformation and E business strategy and associated with IIT Gandhi nagar as Adjunct professor for subject Digital innovation and digital transformation in enterprise. Earlier he served India's premier institute NITIE as adjunct professor 2019-20 and adjunct professor at SJMSOM, IITB during 2018 to 2020.
Toward academic pursuits, with rich industry backgrounds, during last 8 years, Prof. Agrawal offered electives to MBA final years students of SJMSOM, IITB on subjects like digital transformation, E commerce and E Business strategy & management, knowledge management, and software project management and agile methodologies.
His current key interest are Consulting, coaching and teaching of during contemporary subjects in domain of digital transformation and digital capability building both for students and industry professionals. In past, he has designed and offered multiple short duration MDPs which were run at SJMSOM, IITB and IIM C. He also keep doing research on industry focus subjects. His one research paper on topic “Operation Intelligence and digitalization practices for downstream oil industry “was published prominent industry journal Hydrocarbon Processing in year 2017. He has addressed multiple International and National conferences as a thought leader and accomplished industry veteran.
Prof. Agrawal is having strong connect with industry and professional bodies. As President, he has also been leading as premier professional bodies like Bombay Management Association, Computer Society of India, South East Asian Region Computer federation SEARCC.
In his illustrious career, Prof. Agrawal has accomplished excellence in completing several technology projects leading to business transformation and organization development. He is Gold medalist in Mathematics and was conferred CSI fellowship for his outstanding contribution in field of IT.
His technical work was instrumental getting BPCL several International and National awards worth mentioning: Delhi Best Practice International award, USA, CIO 100 Asia Pacic Award, NASSCOM Best IT Implementation Award 2011 and CSI IT Excellence Award 2013. He is associated with SJMSOM in IIT Bombay as a visiting faculty and teaching courses in digital transformation, E commerce management, knowledge management, and software project management and agile methodologies.
A.Conceptual frameworks and functional Areas of E Business Management (8 Sessions)1. Introduction of E Business
- Internet revolution and its impact on business
- Digital economy and business transformation
- business transformation in age of Internet
- Evolution of from Portal to E Commerce and E business
- Global trends in digital business
- Pandemic impact on E business plans in corporates
2. Primer on Information & digital technologies and their impact on business
3. Study of e Commerce models and drivers of graduation to E-business & digital business4. Functional areas of E Business enabled business value chain
- Introduction of E- value chain of e business and integration
- Impact of digitalization of business processes and functions – conceptual design & practice
- E-marketing, e-retailing, e-supply chain mgmt., elogistics, e-retail, e-warehouse, e-procurement
5. Emerging E Business modelsand Market places – conceptual study
- Multisided Platforms and emergence of digital markets
- E-business platform Best Practices of Amazon
- E-business platform Best Practices of Jio
- E-business platform Best Practices of Google
- E-business platform Best Practices Alibaba
6. Social media platforms and E business
- Introduction of key concepts of digital marketing and social media
- Facebook business model and customer engagement
- Payment gateways (UPI, Paytm, Phone) and their integration with E business systems
7. E Business Integrated Platforms for different industry verticals including BFSI
8. Management of business, data privacy and cyber security risks
B. Enabling technologies and tools for E-Business Management (6 Sessions)
1. Building blocks of digital Platform for E Business and monetization methodologies
2. Technologies, tools and methodologies for customer touch points and engagement management
3. Overview of data analytics tools: Google analytics, Tableau, Power BI etc
4. APP and Mobility as key enabler of E business : Various options
5. Study of popular Cloud Computing platforms like AWS, Google, Microsoft Azure
6. Case summary of digital technologies AI/ML, AR/VR, IoT for e commerce processes
7. Case Studies of global digital business models like DBS Bank, OLA, Byju
8. Strategy for data intelligence and datacation for building E business practice
C. E-Business application and policy frameworks (6 Sessions)
1. Conceptual framework of digital enterprise
2. E Business Strategy considerations
3. Impact of Industry 4.0 on E business : Introduction of Marketing 5.0
4. How to make business model canvas
5. Building Digital workforce and E Learning
6. Government of India policy for digital market platforms and study outcomes by NASSOM and Mckinsey India for digital India
7. Governance, management, measurement and KPIs
8. E Business in different industry verticals Auto, Hospitality, health, Retail, Pharma, and few others
D. Project submission, Exams, and assessment
Enrolment & Registration Process
You can enrol in this course by registering online.
For online registration CLICK HERE
The first batch is going to start from October 2021 onwards.
Institutional Rate (to be charged from institutions)
|1 - 10 students||₹ 11,800/- per student|
|11 - 30 students||₹ 10,620/- per student|
|31 – 60 students||₹ 9,440/- per student|
|Above 60 students||₹ 8,260/- per student|
Individual Rate (to be charged from students seeking admission through open route)
|₹ 11,800/- per student|