Credit Relationship Manager Program is meticulously designed, keeping in view the evolving banking services requirements of emerging small businesses and retail clients. The program is aimed to hone skills amongst young professionals in specialised areas like Business Banking, Retail and SME Credit Management and related Digital & Technology applications in new age banking environment.
The framework of program covers understanding core concepts in classroom scenario and then welldefined and structured Entrepreneur Immersion Project (EIP) based learning model to hone application of concepts in real-life situations. The program also underscored the growing importance of work-place skills which include collaboration, customer service, and communication in addition to technical skills
Objectives of Program
To prepare students to understand and fulfil business banking requirements of customers and build a portfolio of new and existing clients by doing comprehensive market analysis, risk analysis using a structured framework to evaluate business, management and financial requirements and associated risks in retail & SME borrower
- Understand and apply the techniques required to conduct effective due diligence before making credit decisions for SME and retail loans.
- Conduct a structured credit analysis and apply the appropriate loan assessment methodologies to underwrite credit.
- Conduct high quality financial statements analysis and assess key cash flow, liquidity and solvency metrics to determine repayment capacity
- Prepare, Present & Escalate the credit application for decision authorities.
Experienced Industry Professionals, Academic Leaders and Contemporary Bankers
On completion of program, leaner should able to:
- Identify the Business Banking requirements of MSME & Retail clients and offer suitable solution.
- Assess the right level of short-term working capital as well as long term capex financing requirements.
- Present the appropriate loan/facility structure aligned to the business operating cycle.
- Propose adequate risk mitigation through security collaterals and covenants.
- Assess the repayment sources and capacity of the borrower by assessing his key cash flow drivers.
- Enhance relationship size of existing customer and on-board new customers while keeping a check of portfolio quality.
- Communicate and collaborate better with internal and external customers.
- Able to use digital & data tools for better customer experience.
DR HIMESH SHARMA
Professor - BFSI
Formerly: AVP – TATA Motors Finance, Sr Manager ICICI Bank, Sundaram Finance
Certified Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA) by CFI
Certified Resource Person for National centre for Financial Education (NCFE)
Course 1 – Introduction to Banking
- Introduction to financial System – Borrower –Saver coordination Understanding Role of banks in a system (6 Hours)
- Functions of Bank, Assets, Liabilities, Net Interest Margins, Fee Income, Sources of income to a bank (6 Hours)
- Banking Channels, Branch Banking, Alternate channels, Digital Banking, Role of Dealers, DSAs and Direct Team in distribution (9 Hours)
- Lending Concepts, Entities engaged in lending, Role of NBFCs, Importance of Credit (9 Hours)
- Structure of Lending organization, Role of sales, credit, operations and collection & customer service (9 Hours)
Course 2 - Bank Credit Management
- Understanding secured and Unsecured lending products and general process of Lending, Understanding the borrower profiles and asset profiles pf retail, MSMEs and Corporate clients (9 Hours)
- Retail Credit Products- Home Loans, Loan Against Property, Taxation in housing loans other forms of retail Vehicle loans, Personal and consumer loans and concept of plastic money (9 Hours)
- Business Banking & Credit Products- BG, CC, Letter of Credit, NEFT, RTGS, Nastro, Vastro, Import Export, working capital, trade finance, term loans (9 Hours)
- Introduction to cardinal principles of credit – Safety, liquidity and profitability, 5C Model of Credit (9 Hours)
- Lending Process – Types of Borrowers and Documentations, KYC, Financials and Other assessments like CIBIL, Dedupe (9 Hours)
Course 3 MSME - Business Credit
- SME Credit – Understanding SME land scape, Fund requirements, working capital funding gaps, term loans, Quasi credit Non-fund-based facilities (9 Hours)
- Assessing Business, Management and Environment – PESTEL Analysis Business risk, Operating risk and environmental factors (9 Hours)
- Understanding Ratios Income Assessments – Borrowers Assets, Liabilities and net worth – LTV, FOIR, Cash Flows, Banking – ABB, ACB (9 Hours)
- Financial Ratios and Analysis. Understanding Covenants, Securities & Guaranties, structuring & Pricing (9 Hours)
- Decisions Process, understanding deviations, Sanction process, post sanction documentation (9 Hours)
- Early warning signals, monitoring, control and remedial actions, NPA Management (9 Hours)
Course 4 – Digital Finance and CRM
- Understanding Digital – Apps, Analytics and APIs (9 Hours)
- Data to Insights – Use of data tools, visualization, presentations, Understanding cloud (12 Hours)
- Business Etiquettes: Communication, Collaboration and Customer Service (12 Hours)
- Creating a credit application (6 Hours)