The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), also known as the Global Goals, were adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015 as a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030. At the heart of these are 17 sustainable development goals that are universal, integrated and indivisible. One of the key players in achieving these SDGs is through responsible leadership and corporate social responsibility (CSR). India in recent times has mandated its CSR policy and interestingly most of Schedule VII of the Companies Act 2013 integrates with the Sustainable Development goals.
Need of the programme
Being at the inception stage, it is taking time for the corporates and other stakeholders to not only comply to the national developmental agenda through CSR, but also to the sustainable development goals. Empirical evidence from CSR research in India suggests that there are differences with regard to India's perceptions, operationalization and expectations of CSR practices when compared to those of the West (Ghosh, 2014; Kumar, Murphy, & Balsari, 2001; Mohan, 2001) and India largely retains its own characteristics adopting only some aspects of global mainstream CSR (Ghosh, 2014). Moreover, researches on mandated CSR are a new ﬁeld of study as CSR statute in India, itself, has been introduced only in the year 2013 and has come into effect from Financial Year 2014–15 (Chatterjee & Mitra, 2017). Hence there is a great need for trained human resource who will not only be skilled in driving this agenda, but also put India on the map in the global circuit with its endeavors.
Dr. Nayan Mitra, Distinguished Researcher & Founder – Sustainable Advancements
Who should attend this programme ?
The industry professionals, entrepreneurs, consultants, govt. ofﬁcials, faculty members as well as B-Schools, Engineering and other HEI's Students (currently pursuing as well as pass outs) working or aspiring to work in the area of corporate social responsibilty will ﬁnd this programme immensely valuable.
Programme Duration & Flow
This programmeis of 3 months duration having 30 Instructional Hours with a few session exclusively conducted in workshop format. The ﬁrst batch is starting from February 2022 onwards.
Course commencement – 28th May 2022
Class Timings – Sat and Sundays – 10:30am – 12noon
Mode of Delivery
The sessions will be offered during weekends in online live (Synchronous) mode.
Topics to be covered in the Course
20 SESSIONS (Per Sessions1:30 Hours)
- Introduction to Sustainability – concepts, theories, models
- Introduction to Sustainable Development Goals. Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibilit
- Corporate Social Responsibility –International Context
- Related concepts – Business Case of CSR, Embedded CSR, Strategic CSR. Political CSR
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Indian Context
- 'Why' of Mandated CSR. 'What' of Mandated CSR.
- Gearing up for CSR action. Making a CSR plan. Resource allocation.
- Responsible Leadership. Role of Top Management Team.
- CSR Implementation Agency
- CSR Implementation 1 - Needs Assessment study, stakeholder mobilization
- CSR Implementation 2- Impact Assessment study, outcome measurement
- CSR Reporting. Case Studies
- Integrated Reporting. Aligning CSR reporting to Sustainability reporting
- Ensuring sustainability of a CSR project
- Effect of CSR on non-ﬁnancial ﬁrm performance
- Expert Speak 1 – Analysis of a multi stakeholder project
- Live Project
- Live Project
- Presentation/ Assessment
- Presentation/ Assessment
On doing this programme, the trainee will be able to:
- Understand the various facets of CSR
- Internalize and differentiate between CSR in international and Indian Context
- Comprehend what constitutes as mandated CSR in India
- Realize the importance and role of Responsible Leadership
- Gain an understanding on the implementation of a CSR programme end to end
- Appreciate the impact and outcomes of a CSR programme in relation to sustainability
- Undersatandwhat is Integrated Reporting
- Beneﬁt through a live project and its presentation from and to experts
The learning methodology will include interactive Sessions/ lectures by experts from the industry, Q/A, discussion, case studies, expert learning.
The course pack comprising power points, original researches, learning aids, reading materials etc. will be provided to each participant.
Assessment & Certiﬁcation
The participants will be assessed on the basis of the Formative and Summative assessments and the assignment. The weightage of the same would be: Summative Assessment/Final Exam: 70%; Assignment: 30%
Upon successful completion of the programme, the participants will be awarded with “Certiﬁcate of Success” jointly by All India Management Association and Sustainable Advancements.
Programme Director / Lead Faculty
Dr. Nayan Mitra is an international authority on the subject of Sustainability, CSR and Corporate Governance. She is the series editor of Responsible Business and Sustainable Management by Springer; co-editor of the books 'Corporate Social Responsibility in India' (2017), 'Mandated Corporate Social Responsibility' (2019) and 'Corporate Social Responsibility in Rising Economies' (2020) with Dr. Rene Schmidpeter (Germany) that has been published by Springer International (Switzerland); published over 50 peer reviewed research publications in International journals and books; Academic Council member and Science Board member in International Academic forums. She is the recipient of the prestigious Author Award at the Indian CSR Leadership Summit three years in a row: 2017, 2018 and 2019; adjudged as one of the 25 most impactful CSR Leaders in India 2019 and many other international awards for her contribution to CSR and Sustainability; and recognised as an Exceptional Woman of Excellence at the Women Economic Forum, 2019 (New Delhi, India).
For further clarification, please contact the undersigned
For online registration :
The programme fees is Rs 23,600/-
(including GST @18%) which include cost of Programme Learning Material & Examination fee