One of the key lessons of the pandemic is that digital services and infrastructure are important for the business continuity and business sustainability. Considering advantages and growth prospects, all businesses are by and large embracing electronic and digitally enabled business operation and trying to adopt digital business models in their business value chain. Moreover, wave of digital disruption is also offering opportunities for new business design, customer centric and data driven. Technology drivers of forth industrial revolution are becoming game changer for industry. There is realization for developing a good practice of innovation and cultural change for faster transition to digital business.
Disrupting business conditions due to long driven pandemic is forcing industry for faster digital business adoption. Timely support of government policies for fast development of digital payment organizations and Fin-tech industry including major digitization exercise like GST has helped to change mindset as digital citizen. Business model transformation and diversification of legacy businesses to more and more digital business, either developing new practices or acquisitions of startups and unicorns by many business majors like Reliance, Tata, and Mahindra & Mahindra have become a good learning on emerging digital business scenario. Recently Tata's entry in digital business by acquiring major stakes in digital ventures like Big Basket and 1mg clearly show new direction. Some of India's unicorn like Byju, Flipcart, OYO Paytm, Ola, ZERODHA and many others are great examples of creating a multibillion industry in shortest time of 3-5 years.
Building a successful strategy for Digital Business sometime demands a good understanding many areas including digital business capabilities and its building blocks which may differ for different industry verticals, design principles and framework, governance strategies, technology enablers, data driven culture and cyber security, best practices, and organization development. Since digital business encompass all functions and units of business, this understanding is required across enterprise for all those who are either involved in digital business new design or going to be strategy consultant as well ambassador of new business scenarios. Digitalization and strong digital business practices are becoming pervasive and became highly relevant for sustainability, resilience, and growth.
Need of the Course
Studying E-business and Digital Business will help participants leverage their learnings to become an effective and smart manager in any of business and shall help them to incubate their own startups or be part of business which have a digital portfolio.
This program will impart learning with fundamental knowledge about latest trends, building blocks of digital platforms and best practices of digital business models in different industry verticals. Participants will also get a good understanding about enabling technologies for building up a digital enterprise and know how theory of conventional E commerce business models like B2B, B2C are changing. Learnings from this course shall help participants for seeking better prospects in job market as well.
Credit, Time & Course Flow
This course is of 3 months duration having 3 Credits and 30 Instructional Hours the with a few session exclusively conducted in workshop format. The first batch is starting from 1st weekend of November 2021 onwards.
The sessions will be offered in online live (Synchronous) mode
Topics to be covered in the Course
20 SESSIONS (Per Sessions1:30 Hours)
The course methodology will include lecture, Q/A, discussion, audio -visual aids, case studies, expert learning.
Industry Managers, Consultants, Government officials working or aspiring to work on E-Business/Digital Business Management Platforms/Verticals, E-Commerce Managers, E-Business Managers. B-Schools, Engineering and other HEI's Students (currently pursuing as well as pass outs).
Learning Objectives & Course Outcome
- Provide a good conceptual understanding of digital business and functional areas of E-business.
- Empower the participants with knowledge of a list of enabling technologies and methodologies for different business verticals of Digital Business.
- Help participants acquire understanding of important risk areas of E business like Cyber Security, Data Privacy etc.
- Develop skills to formulate digital strategy for Digital Business.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Digital Business Application, Policy Frameworks, Digital Platforms and Market Places.
The course pack comprising power points, original researches, learning aids, reading materials etc. will be provided to each participants.
Assessment, Grading & Certication
The participants would be assessed on the basis of their performance in One online comprehensiveexamination (written test of 3 Hrs duration) (Max. Marks – 100)
The participants will be graded on relative letter grading system. Those who obtain minimum B grade in Online Comprehensive Examination would be declared passed and awarded 'Certificate of Success' by ALL INDIA MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION.Credit earned in this course could be transferred to AIMA's PGDM program or to any otherinstitutes'/universities' program as per the norms of UGC.
Participants not appearing in assessment for this course will be provided with 'Certification of Participation'.
Prof. M.D. Agrawal is former General Manager IT and Chief Information Officer of downstream BPCL, India's secondlargest oil major. Mr. Agrawal was the advisor to TCS from 2014 to 2019 to design innovative and cost-effective solutions for clients and design strategy for downstream domain excellence. He is associated with IITB, a premier institute in India since last 8 years as a visiting professor on subjects of software project management, knowledge management, digital transformation and E business strategy and associated with IIT Gandhi nagar as Adjunct professor for subject Digital innovation and digital transformation in enterprise. Earlier he served India's premier institute NITIE as adjunct professor 2019-20 and adjunct professor at SJMSOM, IITB during 2018 to 2020.
Toward academic pursuits, with rich industry backgrounds, during last 8 years, Prof. Agrawal offered electives to MBAfinal years students of SJMSOM, IITB on subjects like digital transformation, E commerce and E Business strategy & management, knowledge management, and software project management and agile methodologies.
His current key interest are Consulting, coaching and teaching of during contemporary subjects in domain of digital transformation and digital capability building both for students and industry professionals. In past, he has designed and offered multiple short duration MDPs which were run at SJMSOM, IITB and IIM C. He also keep doing research on industry focus subjects. His one research paper on topic “Operation Intelligence and digitalization practices for downstream oil industry “was published prominent industry journal Hydrocarbon Processing in year 2017. He has addressed multiple International and National conferences as a thought leader and accomplished industry veteran.
Prof. Agrawal is having strong connect with industry and professional bodies. As President, he has also been leading as premier professional bodies like Bombay Management Association, Computer Society of India, South East Asian Region Computer federation- SEARCC.
In his illustrious career, Prof. Agrawal has accomplished excellence in completing several technology projects leading to business transformation and organization development. He is Gold medalist in Mathematics and was conferred CSI fellowship for his outstanding contribution in field of IT.
His technical work was instrumental getting BPCL several International and National awards worth mentioning: Delhi Best Practice International award, USA, CIO 100 Asia Pacic Award, NASSCOM Best IT Implementation Award 2011 and CSI IT Excellence Award 2013.
Mr. Sanjay Agrawal is Chief Technology Officer (CTO), leading all Digital initiatives at Hitachi Vantara that include solutions around, Big Data, Cloud, Mobility, IoT etc.
Also currently leading a team of Solution Architects in India and SAARC. This team is responsible for consulting and design of IT solutions Data Center Modernizations, Intelligent Data Governance and Data Driven Insights.
Recently took Digital Transformation initiatives such as DATAOPS, Data Lake optimization, Insights into Dark Data, Dynamic blending of structured and unstructured data, Hybrid Cloud adoption including Application Modernization for shifting workloads to Public cloud, Hybrid IT with DC modernization with optimized Infrastructure including Object storage etc.
Playing lead role in Digital Transformation workshops at Enterprise customers. These workshops include assessment of current state and recommendations to arrive at desired Digital maturity state with certain initiatives around Data Driven decision making, Cloud acceleration, IT Modernization etc. to accelerate their Digital Transformation journey and shift focus from Operations to Innovation.
One of the responsibilities at Hitachi Vantara has been to transform people from traditional hardware selling to Digital solution selling demonstrating signicant value propositions around Business and IT.
Regularly conducting Digital Transformation workshops at IIM Kolkata and SOM, IIT Mumbai for CXOs. Focus was primarily to help CXOs understand Digital Transformation and its impact in IT and Business.
Also have been a member of couple of Govt. of India IT initiatives and task force as advisor.
Prior to joining Hitachi Vanatara, Sanjay was Strategist and Country Presales Manager at Hewlett Packard Enterprise for 19 years.
A. Conceptual frameworks, functional areas and capability models of digital business (8 Sessions)1. Introduction of Digital Business
- Drivers for digital disruption and business transformation
- Building blocks of digital economy
- COVID 19 as digitalization accelerator
- Transition from E business to Digital business- key differentiators
- Digital readiness assessment in organizations
2. Primer on Information & digital technologies and their impact on business
3. Study of e Commerce models and digital business4. Evolution of E Business value chain foundation for digital business
- E Business Panorama : Channel enhancement, Value Chain Integration, Industry Transformation and Convergence
- Conceptual design & practice
- Conventional models of E-marketing, e-retailing, esupply chain mgmt., e-logistics, e-retail, e-warehouse, eprocurement as building blocks of digital models
- Digital technologies enablers of digital business value chain
5. Introduction of 12 blocks of digital business capability model
6. Digital platform as emerging digital business model
- Overview of digital model canvass and platform canvass
- Multisided Platforms and emergence of digital markets
- Case studies of established and upcoming platforms
7. Introduction of Marketing 5.0 for digital business
- Challenges marketers face in digital world
- Human and machine in customer interface
- Marketing technologies use cases for upcoming CX
- Introduction of data driven marketing
8. Digital revolution in BFSI
- Introduction of digital platforms & frameworks : emerging scenario in Fin-tech sector - world economic forum research outcome
- Digital use cases summary for Fintech industry
- Case study discussion
- Platforms for taxation GST and securities like HDFC, Zerodha
9. Digital infrastructure & policy framework for data privacy and cyber security
10. Workshop on Building digital business canvas
B. Enabling technologies and tools for Digital Business Management (6 Sessions)
1. Technologies, tools and methodologies for customer behavior management and enhancement
2. How AI is transferring organizations- research outcomes
3. Big Data strategy for organization
4. Study of business analytics tools: Google analytics, Tableau, Power BI etc.
5. Digital business infrastructure and Cloud Computing platforms like AWS, Google, Microsoft Azure
6. Applicability of AI/ ML/ IoT/ AR/VR : Use case summary of predictive , contextual and augmented marketing 5.0
7. Detailed case Studies of three global digital business models like DBS Bank, Byju, Big Basket, Goffers, BP/Shell
8. Workshop on Strategy for data driven business
C. Digital business governance, leadership and policy frameworks (6 Sessions)
1. Building Digital workforce
2. Digital technologies AI/ML, AR/VR, IoT applications for different industry verticals: use case summary
3. Government of India policy for digital market platforms and study outcomes by NASSOM and Mckinsey India for digital India
4. Governance, measurement and KPIs
5. Road ahead for E business and digital business in India
6. Workshop on Crafting digital business strategy
D. Project submission, Exams, and assessment
Enrolment & Registration Process
You can enrol in this course by registering online.
For online registration CLICK HERE
The first batch is going to start from November 2021 onwards.
The programme fees for this course is Rs 11,800/-
(including GST @18%) which include cost of Course Learning Material & Examination fees