The third batch is going to start from December 2021 onwards.New
Programme Overview & Objectives
Consulting also known as Business Consulting or Management Consulting is a service provided by an individual consultant or professional consulting firms to help their clients and its management to solve complex issues that affect their business or take guidance from them on finding some innovative techniques and ideas to move ahead.
A professional career in Business Consulting is highly in demand and is extremely worthwhile financially as well as professionally. An individual can start his own practice in consulting or can join a consulting firm which can be very exciting.
The Advanced Certificate Program in Business Consulting is aimed at catering to the growing need of the trained and skilled management consultants. This program will help the participants in gaining knowledge and developing skills to act as a business/management consultant and further develop them as experts who can help the organizations to come out of the problematic situations they face.
Who should attend this Programme?
- Employed professionals in Public/Private/MNCs and other Govt. Organizations who are willing to acquire knowledge and skills in consulting
- B-School faculty members who are willing to take up consulting assignments
- Those involved in internal consultancy process for their respective organization
- Those who manage external consultants
- Those who manage their own Consultancy Firm/Start-ups/Businesses etc.
- Post-Graduate or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university
- Minimum work experience of 5 years is desirable
The duration of the program is 6 months
The course pack comprising text books, reading materials etc. will be provided to each participant.
Modes of Delivery
The programme will be delivered though online mode. Each module will have 20 Hrs of Online Live Interactive Learning Sessions (total online live interactive session for three of the modules will be 60 Hrs) to be held during weekends on Saturdays and Sundays. These sessions will be delivered by best of the academic and practicing consultants.
Assessment, Grading & Certification
As this is the highly practical course focused on nurturing consulting skills, the pedagogy followed will also be oriented more towards giving the participants hands on experience in consultancy.
The participants would be assessed on the basis of their performance in:
- One online comprehensive examination (written test of 3 Hrs duration) at the end of course having subject contents from each of the modules (Max. Marks – 100)
- Consultancy Proposal Development: where in each of the participant would be required to develop a consultancy proposal and submit the same for evaluation (Max. Marks – 100)
The participants will be graded on relative letter grading system. Those who obtain minimum B grade in Online Comprehensive Examination as well as in Consultancy Proposal Development would be declared passed in the 'Advanced Certificate Program in Business consulting' and awarded certificate by ALL INDIA MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION.
The programme fees for this course is Rs 41,300/- (including GST @18%) which include cost of Course Learning Material & Examination fees
The Program is divided into three modules (each module of 2 month each).
- Business Consulting – Concepts and Services
- Consulting Process and Tools
- Consulting Business Development and Client Management
- Soft Skills for Consulting
- Developing an effective Consultancy Proposal
- Consultancy Report Writing
- Starting and Managing own Consultancy Business
- Emerging areas for Business Consulting
- Professional Practices and Ethics