The role of Indian Pharmaceutical Sector towards India’s GDP contribution is immense. India supplies over 50 per cent of global demand for various vaccines, 40 per cent of generic demand in the US and 25 per cent of all medicine in UK.
India enjoys an important position in the global pharmaceuticals sector. The country also has a large pool of scientists and engineers who have the potential to steer the industry ahead to an even higher level. Presently over 80 per cent of the antiretroviral drugs used globally to combat AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) are supplied by Indian pharmaceutical firms.
Indian pharmaceutical sector is expected to grow to US$ 100 billion and medical device market expected to grow US$ 25 billion by 2025. Pharmaceuticals exports from India stood at US$ 19.14 billion in FY19 and US$ 13.69 billion in FY20 (up to January 2020). Pharmaceutical exports include bulk drugs, intermediates, drug formulations, biologicals, Ayush & herbal products and surgicals (Source - IBEF Report).
PGCM in Pharmaceutical management is designed, keeping in view the increasing demand of sales and marketing professionals (Pharmaceutical specific) at national and international level. The programme broadly covers, Management Functions & Organizational Behavior, Principles & Practices of Pharmaceutical Marketing Management, Pharmaceutical Sales and Distribution Management, Pharmaceutical Regulatory and Legal Issues, Pharmaceutical Promotion and Advertising Management, Strategic Management and International Marketing etc.
- Graduates and working professionals looking forward to learn the principles and practices of Pharmaceutical Marketing Management and the essence of Pharmaceutical Product Strategy; Targeting; Positioning; Branding; Profiling etc.
- Working professionals who are responsible to increase the visibility and awareness of their company’s pharmaceutical and medical products and services to maximize sales growth.
- Professionals working with Pharmaceutical companies and aspiring for a quantum jump in their career.
- Professionals who wish to learn the effective ways of developing and implementing brand strategies for Pharmaceutical specific companies.
- Fresh graduates to enhance their specific management skills required in this highly technical area.
- Professionals already working in dynamic position in other sectors who need specific competency in rapidly growing sector of pharmaceuticals.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised university or 3 years’ diploma after 10+2 (equivalent to graduation in any discipline) from an institution, recognised by AICTE.
- Graduate students pursuing other professional courses like MBA, MFS, CA, CS, ICWA can do this PGCM programme concurrently and seek lateral entry.
- The duration of the programme is one year with two semesters.
- Maximum duration to complete the programme is 3 years.
- The eligible aspirants can directly take admission by filling in the Admission Form ( Admission Form Link) and submitting the scanned copy of their graduation marksheet and a passport size photograph. The students may directly upload these documents while filling in the Admission Form.
- For lateral entry, exemptions will be given, if the curriculum is equivalent to the PGCM Curriculum. Candidates may contact the PGCM programme Manager at +91 9250127573 or firstname.lastname@example.org
January and July each year
Exam schedule is updated on AIMA website and Student Portal. Exams are held in June and December each year.
Lateral Entry Provision
- Post graduate students undergoing courses like M.Com, MA can opt for lateral entry with exemption of maximum 2 subjects and concurrently continue both the courses.
- The objective behind this initiative is to encourage more graduates to take up professional, Post-graduation programme like PGCM. Any student in the Final year/3rd Semester of M.Com /MA can undergo this distance learning programme concurrently.
- The student also has an opportunity to seek credit transfer of maximum two papers, which he/she has passed in the first year or 1&2 semester of M.Com/MA.
- AIMA has developed a detailed system for curriculum matching and harmonisation of grades and degrees.
- Those 2 papers which match with any one stream of PGCM are exempted for the student and they can seek credit transfer for the same, rest of the papers need to be studied and successfully cleared.
- Students seeking lateral entry are also given a fee exception for two subjects/papers.
Class Timings and Mode of Delivery
A: CLASS ROOM MODE
- Weekend Programme: Classes are held from 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM at AIMA, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi on (Saturday and Sunday) from August to November and February to May.
- Note:- Students opting for the Class room mode need to select Nodal Centre Preference 1 as 100- AIMA CME Coordination Centre in the Admission form.
Students may also opt for Online Live classes. Details provided below
B: ONLINE LIVE CLASSES MODE
- Students opting for online mode will get recorded lectures coupled with Online Live classes held at weekends (11.00 AM to 1.00 PM) from August to November and February to May.
- Note:- Students opting for the online classroom mode need to select Nodal Centre Preference 1 as 0- All India Management Association in the Admission form.
Eligible candidates can apply for the programme by following the steps below:
Step 1: Open the Admission Form through the link: https://education.aima.in/showAdmissionForm.action
Step 2: Fill in the form with the details asked for.
Points to be taken care of while filling in the Form:
Session to be selected as
Please note that the admissions for PGCM open twice a year i.e. for January batch and July batch.
Students are advised to select the session they wish to opt for.
Session to be selected as
Prospectus Purchased: Select No as Option
City: New Delhi
Nodal Centre Preference:
- Students opting for the Class room mode need to select Nodal Centre Preference 1 as: 100- AIMA CME Coordination Centre in the Admission form.
- Students opting for the online classroom mode need to select Nodal Centre Preference 1 as 0- All India Management Association in the Admission form.
Upload Documents: Attach your Graduation Mark sheet and Passport Size Photograph. Keep all the documents ready in your laptop/system before opening the Admission Form Link.
Step 3: Select the Payment Option as Credit/Debit Card and make the fee payment.
Step 4: Upon successfully submitting the form and making the payment, the candidate will get an acknowledgement from AIMA. Kindly email the same to the programme manager at email@example.com to complete the registration process.
Manager- Center for Management Education
All India Management Association (AIMA)
15 Link Road, Lajpat Nagar – Part III,
Near Lajpat Nagar Metro Station, New Delhi – 110024
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.aima.in
- GM11 - Management Functions & Organizational Behavior
- PH01 - Principles & Practices of Pharmaceutical Marketing Management
- PH02 - Pharmaceutical Sales and Distribution Management
- PH03 - Pharmaceutical Regulatory /Legal Issues
- PH05 - Pharmaceutical promotion and Advertising Management
- PH06 - Strategic Management and International Marketing
- GM100 - Project Work
|Fee Particulars||Fee in INR|
|Total Programme Fee (Module 1 and Module 2)||₹ 26,000|