INTRODUCTION TO THE PROGRAM
All India Management Association (AIMA), the national apex body of the management professionals in India, launches AICTE approve one year POST GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN – BUSINESS ANALYTICS. This course is unique as is designed by academicians and endorsed by industry experts. The program is delivered by senior professors and experience trainers. The Course material is developed by WILEY.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Modern business relies more and more on data analytics for understanding and predicting, patterns, forecasting, monitoring and optimising its processes and managing and supporting suppliers and taking more informed decisions. Understanding the application of big data technologies for instant processing and predicting is a key skill in today’s global market.
Business Analytics is the combination of skills, technologies, applications and processes used by organisations to gain data-driven insights. These insights can be used to aid decision-making across functional areas and industry sectors. In the recent time we have seen almost all the sectors of industry capturing huge amount of data and in quest to organise, filter and anlayse this data for meaningful decision making.
After understanding the industry need, AIMA the apex body in management has launched one year program in Business Analytics. This is a unique program which is approved by AICTE, endorsed by industry and certified by leading software analytical company – SAS.
The right education in business analytics with strong fundamentals is must to achieve the covenanted success. This program is designed by practicing managers and subject experts across the world. Leading academicians have written the course material and program is taught by industry experts. It aims at covering the fundamental to advances in Business Analytics and data sciences. It is aimed at practical learning; therefore, most concepts will be linked with hands-on training, where participants will be expected to work with dummy and real data sets.
TARGET PARTICIPANT PROFILE
The PGCM –Business Analytics is recommended to anyone involved in the planning, implementation, monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of data and Big Data strategy - or anyone who is looking to add a new skill set and pursue a career in this dynamic field of business analytics/ data sciences.
The program is suitable for professionals of all levels and disciplines, as job roles are gradually becoming more complex. Multitasking with projects executed with lean teams is a phenomenon. In such situation, an in-depth knowledge, understanding and application of data analysis techniques is a must.
JOB ROLES EXPECTED AFTER THIS PROGRAM
- Business Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Big Data analyst
- The objective of the PGCM- BA program is to provide participants with industry-relevant skills expected in Big Data Analysts, Business Analysts and Data Specialists
- Train participants in two programing languages ‘R” and ‘SAS’
- This program will make participants thoroughly conversant with basic and advanced analytical techniques for data mining, data manipulating, and analyzing Big Data.
- Gain complete technical know-how of basic and advanced data analytics and visualization techniques to analyze data, create statistical models, and provide business insights.
- Familiarize Participants with key Big Data platforms, and provide foundations to business and industry requirements to be able to participate productively in Business analytics and Big Data analytics projects.
- Build strong foundation in managing and processing huge datasets with tools such as Hadoop, MapReduce and YARN, Hive, Pig, RHadoop, etc
- Work on an integrated project in the end to solve a Business analytics problem
PROJECT WORK/ ON THE JOB TRAINING
Project Work : A term end project in any functional areas : (in banking, financial, Marketing, Human Resources). The project should be comprehensive project covering business analytics problem or model of real world or based on predefined project area in virual lab .
12 Months – 180 hours programme
- Instructor –led training (blended mode) Mix of live online session and face to face class room session)
- Offline lab environment and online lab environment
- Working with analytical tool-“R” and SAS and other Big Data technologies
- Online doubt solving by experts
- Certification : AICTE approved and Industry recognized certificate
- 20 hours of online (recorded) sessions
- 20 hour self-learning
- World class study material form Wiley
- Projects : 12 hours (in banking, Finance Marketing and Human Resources)
Assessment & Evaluation Process
The assessment process is divided into 2 levels.
- A. Module assessment: Based on assignments and projects, practical's - 70%
- B. Final assessment: Covers entire topic of the subject- 30%
At the end of the course, the student will face an online examination of 11/2 hour duration for each paper.
Eligibility: Who Should Join The Professional Diploma?
- Graduate students with Statistics or Maths Background
- Engineering students
- MBA students
Students who want to up-skill in BIG DATA ANALYSIS and increases their job opportunities.
- Professionals who need to understand and get more out of their organisation / sector data.
- Professionals who want to fast-track their career or improve their position in the marketplace
- Business and data analysts, and database professionals willing to foray into Big Data analytics
Professionals / Organisations in Telecom, Banking, IT Consultancy, Retail and Healthcare who want themselves / their employee to be proficient in Business Analysis.
Prerequisite to join the Program
- Basic of statistics
- Basic Programmng fundamentals
- Submit application form
- Appear and clear the online pre assessment test
- Submit the Graduation proof, Photo and 1st installment fee
Class Schedule :
Classes are conducted on Saturday/ Sunday. Class timings are updated on student portal.
All India Management Association (AIMA), as the national apex body of management profession in the country is committed to enhancing the competence of management profession through its multifaceted activities. AIMA has a broad base of 67 Local Management Associations including two cooperating LMAs abroad, with a membership of over 30,000. AIMA is represented on the Boards of India's premier Business Institutions and also represented on Boards of Government bodies including the AICTE, National Board of Accreditation, National Productivity Council to name a few. In addition, AIMA brings to the Indian managers, the best management practices and techniques through numerous foreign collaborations with professional bodies and institutions.
SAS is a trusted analytics powerhouse for organizations seeking immediate value from their data. A deep bench of analytics solutions and broad industry knowledge keep our customers coming back and feeling confident. With SAS®, you can discover insights from your data and make sense of it all. Identify what’s working and fix what isn’t. Make more intelligent decisions. And drive relevant change.
- AICTE Certification
- SAS Certification
- Other Certification
For further clarification, please contact the undersigned
Manager- Center for Management Education
All India Management Association (AIMA)
15 Link Road, Lajpat Nagar – Part III,
Near Lajpat Nagar Metro Station, New Delhi – 110024
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.aima.in
- Introduction to Analytics and R
- Data Analysis using R
- Introduction to Big Data
- Advanced Analytics using R (Predictive Modeling)
- Base SAS Programming
- Data Visualisation using Tableau
- Machine learning
- Data Mining
- One Optional Paper
- Marketing analytics-20 hours
- HR analytics
- Fraud analytics
Lump sum payment option
|Onetime payment (at the time of admission)||₹ 75,000|
For first module pay, at the time of admission and for the subsequent module, before the commencement of classes.
|First Module||₹ 39,500|
|Second Module||₹ 39,500|